This pure Japanese haskap variety, Yezberry Maxie ™ has the largest fruit we’ve seen yet. Olive-shaped blue berries appear in early summer. Plant with Yezberry Solo ™ to ensure fruit.
Yezberry Maxie ™ haskap variety was developed in the U.S. from germplasm from Hokkaido, Japan’s northernmost island. They have the largest berries ever seen on this easy to grow, cold-hardy plant. The summer fruit is sweet and juicy; enjoy it fresh or processed into jam and juice. Yezberry ™ haskaps are an excellent choice for homeowners who want to grow their own superfruit with a minimum of effort. This apomictic variety will fruit without a pollinator, but will have larger fruit and better yields when planted near another Yezberry™ variety
- Latin Name Lonicera caerulea
- Height 5 – 6′
- Spacing 5 – 6′
- Exposure Sun or partial sun
- Hardy Temp -40°F
- Uses Edible; Shrub borders; Mixed borders; Hedges
- Features Large, tasty blue fruit without a pollinator.
- Soil Adaptable to wet or dry soils, and a range of soil pH levels.
- Pruning Prune after fruit harvest if desired.
- Type Deciduous
- Bloomtime Early spring
- Flower Color Pale yellow
- Foliage Color Green-blue
- Zone 3 – 7